The plans show a public park when it was first opened in 1920 and the same park today.
Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where revelant.
The first map illustrates what Grange Park looked like on its inauguration day in 1920, and the second one shows its infrastructure today.
Overall, the park has undergone substantial redevelopment to provide more entertainment fascilities to visitors. While only a few sections have remained unchanged, the addition of new recreational facilities, such as amphitheater, café, and play area, has led to the removal or relocations of most.
Regarding the left and central parts, the two sets of seats at the furthest side, the stage for musicians, and the rose garden near Eldon Street have been removed to make room for the new amphitheater for concerts. The second rose garden, near Arnold Street, has been left untouched, while the old seats next to it, and the ones across from them, no longer exist. Moreover, the two entrances in the middle sections have also remained unmodified, but the center of the park, which used to have a fountain, is now where visitors see a new rose garden surrounded by seats.
As for the area in the right side, a new café has replaced the third rose garden near Arnold Street, right next to the entrance. Moreover, where there was a pond for water plants in the top right corner, there is now a playground for children, and instead of the glasshouse and the seats in its vicinity, there is a new water feature. Finally, visitors now will find a new underground parking accessible from the bottom right corner.
Personalized feedback and more guides: